Invitation to Contribute to the 2018 Holter Museum of Art Exhibition of
A NATIONAL CALL FOR ART BOOKS—ARTISTS AND YOUNG CREATIVES TAKE NOTICE!
You are invited to make and share books that address The Transformational Powers of Art.
All books will be displayed as a reading library within the exhibition Speaking Volumes: Transforming Hate, at the Holter Museum of Art in Helena, Montana, October 4 to December 30, 2018.
Book content should include images and/or written elements about:
· Art intended to transform hate
· The healing power of creativity and art
· Art as compassion
· Art and the preservation/practice of human rights
· Art and the restoration of humanity
Submitted books must meet the following criteria:
· Books should weigh 5 pounds or less, and be no larger than 16x20x6 inches.
· Books can be authored by a single artist or be a collaboration between multiple artists or a group such as a school class.
· Books should be sturdy enough to withstand gentle handling by many people. Books may contain only one page or many pages.
· Books may be sculptural or have pages that turn.
· Artists may choose to repurpose an old book, transforming it into something new.
This is not a juried call for art: The curatorial team plans to include ALL submitted works, with the exception of those that:
· do not respect the universal rights of all beings
· promote violence
If a submitted piece represents violence, cruelty, or is disrespectful, the curatorial team reserves the right to exclude it from the exhibition.
All artist books must be received by the Holter Museum of Art no later than September 21st. Send books to the following address:
12 E Lawrence, Helena, MT 59601 ATTN: Speaking Volumes Artist Books
IMPORTANT: Please include an envelope or box with return postage if you would like to have your book returned after the close of the exhibition.
If you have questions, please address them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in participating? Here are some simple binding techniques to turn loose pages into a book:
· Spiral bound by a copy center (costs about $3 for a stack of 8.5x11 pages)
A very basic version is described here: http://www.makingbooks.com/accordion.shtml
HOHOHOLTER hOLIDAY BAZAAR SALE
CONTACT: Jules, 406.442.6400 or email email@example.com
The Holter Museum of Art is looking for artists for the 2018 HoHoHolter Holiday Bazaar and sale. As always, the Holter kicks off the holiday celebration with a holiday sale and exhibition, filled with exiting events. Artists are required to apply for this event to be held at the Holter Museum from November 30h through December 24th. Artists interested in selling their works are encouraged to fill out an application available online at www.holtermuseum.org or , stop by the Museum and pick one up.
For questions, contact Museum Store Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (406) 442-6400 ext. 101.